The TensileMill CNC - Flat Tensile Sample Preparation Machines' user interface, Carbon, is designed for specifically for ease of use. That is why it comes pre-programmed with a library of DIN, ISO, ASTM, and JIS industry standards for tensile specimens. This library allows the operator to quickly and easily select a specimen size based on international standards.
Some of these standards include, but are not limited to:
- ASTM E8/E8M-13: "Standard Test Methods for Tension Testing of Metallic Materials" (2013)
- ISO 6892-1: "Metallic materials. Tensile testing. Method of test at ambient temperature" (2009)
- ISO 6892-2: "Metallic materials. Tensile testing. Method of test at elevated temperature" (2011)
- JIS Z 2241: "Method of tensile test for metallic materials" (1998)
- JIS Z 2201: "Test pieces for tensile test for metallic materials" (1998)
- ASTM A370-16: "Standard Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products" (2016)
- ASTM E21-09: "Standard Test Methods for Elevated Temperature Tension Tests of Metallic Materials" (2009)
- DIN 50125: "Testing of metallic materials. Tensile test pieces" (2009-07)
In addition to the pre-programmed library, the Carbon interface allows the operator to save the most commonly used specimen sizes and display them on the main screen. This saves the operator time and effort that would otherwise be wasted searching through lists or inputting measurements manually.
The library also serves to minimize human error by removing the need for the user to manually input common specimen sizes.
The TensileMill CNC library is constantly expanding and improving in order to keep up with industry standards. These updates are free of charge and can be virtually installed on any active TensileMill CNC.Contact us today to learn more.